Digitalized Data Transaction: A Way to Make Continuous Reliability Monitoring an Easier Step for Operation Team
In the development of equipment reliability, strategy was developed not only for maintenance. Operation team also involved in strategy execution for improving the equipment reliability. Operation team also involved in direct interaction with operating equipment. Moreover, a lot of information was kept on paper by operation team. It’s also a common thing for operation team to share information only when they were in the process of Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
The data from operation team should be utilized to determined equipment’s condition before catastrophic happens. Data recording in paper form becomes the challenge to know the equipment condition regularly. The team also couldn’t get the continuous data from all equipment. These obstacles come from high cost of this continuous data recording process. Equipment reliability development needs data utilization from operator which transitioned digitally and also centralized (Figure 1). This should make the data processing and analyzing for continuous monitoring an easier step.
There are some other obstacles for Operation team on field checking. The first one would be the uncertainty and unstructured route map. On field, parameter checking or operator round is usually carried out based on the habit of each person in charge. Second of all, knowledge transfer on field sometimes was conducted as an interview method with high senior personnel. Those personnel with busy schedule could slow down the knowledge transfer process and make the process inconsistent. And lastly, the needed procedure for operators are usually printed on a very thick documents which make it even more inefficient. The data documentation should be done on mobile device and could be accessed by those who need on operation field anytime. With these obstacles, digital data documentation and transaction to transform it into useful information should be done to improve equipment’s reliability.
IntelaTRAC could act in a digital data transaction and transform the data to a high valued information of equipment’s condition (Figure 2). There are some benefits with IntelaTRAC application, such as:
- facilitate operation/maintenance team to check equipment periodically and having route
- facilitate operation/maintenance team to store all digital procedure with high mobility manner
- facilitate the knowledge/procedure information and knowledge consistently because all the data are already stored digitally on mobile equipment
- as an improvisation from reliability strategy enhancement, from reactive to condition monitoring program (Figure 1)
Method and Description Requirements.
For application, these are some needed tools/information:
- Maintenance Strategy which is run by operation and maintenance team. All maintenance strategy in need by mobile equipment should be registered. So that route / task can be included in an IntelaTRAC procedure. IntelaTRAC provides not linear procedure (Figure 3). It is very different from other devices.
- Operation parameters needed by operator/maintenance team for monitoring equipment. All operation parameter for the team should be registered on IntelaTRAC. Digital process of data transformation and analysis could be done continuously.
- Information system and data transfer. Information system and data transfer is the backbone and main essential for manual data processing into a digital form.
- Mobile tools (in the form of cellphone or specific fireproof tools). Mobile tools as the spearhead on collecting data. Tools specification or inquiries should have a definite security and safety for users.