DECON - Chemical Solution for Fluid Deposits
A NEW STANDARD
DECON is a blend of specialized synthetic API Group V chemistries. In addition to having outstanding solubility characteristics, it also has:
• Superior seal compatibility compared to mineral oil (change of mass, change of volume, change of modulus, change of strength)
• Excellent oxidation stability and deposit control characteristics
• No adverse impact on the in-service oil’s performance (i.e. air release, foam, Demulsibility, etc.)
ELIMINATE DEPOSITS FROM YOUR FLUID AND SYSTEM
• Provides efficient cleaning of systems in between fluid changes.
• Quickly and safely dissolves organic deposits from the machine internals.
• Long-term system protection against deposits, sludge & varnish.
• Enhances the deposit control performance of in-service fluids.
OUTSTANDING LONG-TERM PERFORMANCE
New fluid thermally stressed in an accelerated oxidation test shows critical varnish potential after 6 weeks.
The same oil with 3% DECON showed low varnish potential after 6 weeks.
DECON uses no surface-active chemistry.
Surface active additives causes problems such as:
• Release of large deposit chunks, rapidly plugging up filters, blocking oil flow lines or seizing moving parts.
• Transfer of deposits from the reservoir to a sensitive component within the system.
• Dispersant “crash” resulting in deposits rapidly dropping out of the fluid.
DECON dissolves varnish.
DECON provides an immediate impact on system Decontamination.
DECON protects the oil from forming varnish, providing long-term Deposit Control performance.
IMPROVED SOLUBILITY ENHANCEMENT
• DECON is engineered to have similar, compatible chemistry to oil degradation products.
• DECON is ideal for long-term deposit control performance because it keeps degraded mineral oil and additive components in solution.
• When DECON itself degrades, no deposits are formed.